Pilates of Charleston, is a boutique Pilates studio in Mt. Pleasant, SC that offers both group classes and private sessions to clients of all ages and levels on traditional Balanced Body Pilates equipment. We aim to deliver dynamic and results-driven group classes that will incorporate strength, resistance training and a bit of cardio to give you a well rounded and full body work out experience. Our private sessions are tailored to meet individual needs and in these sessions, we accommodate to the client’s well being. We pride ourselves on our experience, knowledge and sophisticated atmosphere. The Instructors at Pilates of Charleston are all certified in a variety of different Pilates and Group fitness Certifications that require an extensive amount of Anatomical studying of postural analysis and physical well being. We also pride ourselves in staying up to date with the latest research and developments of the Pilates world with ongoing continuing education classes and workshops across the United States. Rest assured that at Pilates of Charleston you will be in the capable hands of our instructors who will guide you in achieving more strength, stability, and a deeper understanding of your body.
What is Pilates?
The Pilates Method coordinates breath work with exercises performed on a mat, small equipment, and spring-based apparatus to help increase strength and flexibility, as well as re-pattern the neuromuscular system for optimal health. Equipment-based spring tension from the spring based apparatus, like, the reformer, trains your muscles to work like a spring – building a deeper connection through your center as you achieve a balance between flexibility and strength. Pilates has eight basic principles or fundamentals: Control, Concentration, Centering, Precision, Breath, Alignment, Flow, and Integration. You need all of these things to help you execute exercises correctly.
1. Registration: Group classes require advance registration to reserve your spot on the class selected. Drop in’s are welcome, but can not be guaranteed due to wait-listed clients. Pilates of Charleston uses Mind Body as its scheduling software, if you do not have an account setup, simply register here.
2. Cancellations: Any and all cancellations of scheduled private sessions and group classes must be made at least 24 hours ahead of time, to avoid being charged for the space and time reserved.
3. Payment Policy: Pilates of Charleston accepts all major credit/debit cards; cash and checks made payable to “Pilates of Charleston.”
4. Cell phones: Studio etiquette requires all phones to be silenced and held with personal belongings in the cubby space provided in the studio. Cell phones can NOT be set beside your reformer. We must keep the floor space clear for health and safety reasons.
5. Sweat towels / water bottles: The studio aims to provide a small towel for each client to make use of during and after class. However, it is advised that a personal towel and water bottle is brought to class by the client to ensure that any excessive perspiration in and around the equipment is to be attended to by the client post class. Having a personal water bottle at hand makes quick sips easy and effortless to ensure hydration during class.
6. Work Ethic: Clients of Pilates of Charleston are expected to arrive to class on time, to enable efficient time management not only for the Instructors, but for others participating in the class. It is expected for clients to arrive at Pilates of Charleston with the energy and determination to expand their knowledge of their bodies and a willingness to exert a certain amount of effort to acquire their goals.