Meet our Instructors
Katie is one of Charleston’s only certified Prenatal and Postnatal Pilates Specialists, guiding many women through a healthy pregnancy and quick but rehabilitative recovery. Pilates of Charleston is a satellite center for the PAI (Pilates Academy International) teacher training program, based in NYC at Pilates on Fifth and Katie is the CI (Certifying Instructor) for the PAI teacher training program. Katie holds the following certifications behind her name:
- PHI Certified Pilates Instructor (450 hour Comprehensive Education Program)Certification with Sal Anthony’s School for Develeopmnetal Dexterity, NYC
- Certification with Sal Anthony’s School for Develeopmnetal Dexterity, NYCPrenatal and Postnatal Pilates Specialist from Carolyn Anthony’s Center for Women
- Prenatal and Postnatal Pilates Specialist from Carolyn Anthony’s Center for WomenCore Reform from the Systems of Smart Movement®
- Core Reform from the Systems of Smart Movement®
- Teacher Trainer for PAI (Pilates Academy International)BA from College of Charleston
- BA from College of CharlestonBrand Ambassador for Carbon 38
- Brand Ambassador for Carbon 38
Elizel is a certified STOTT PILATES Instructor and has the following certifications:
- BA HONS Degree (University of Kent, UK.)
- Athletic CORE Conditioning fitness for Individuals and group class settings. (Merrithew.)
- Athletic conditioning on the Pilates Reformer. (Merrithew)
- Special Populations and Injuries certification. ( Merrithew.)
- Matwork Pilates (Merrithew)
- ZEN*GA movement both Mat work and Pilates Reformer (Merrithew)
- Core Bar Instructor
- Certified BLS provider (CPR)
My passion is to help people both challenge their bodies and deepen their understanding of movement through Pilates. I have been teaching Pilates professionally since 2008 and learn so much from my clients and fellow teachers every day.
I began my Pilates journey with Laura B Grant in Raleigh, NC and furthered my education with Balance Body and then ascended into a Master Trainer position with Club Pilates. I love to learn and share my knowledge with others and watch them progress to their utmost potential. In addition to my PMA certification, I’m certified to teach TRX, Barre Above, BOSU and TriggerPoint for myofascial release. I’m looking forward to sharing my experience with the clients at Pilates of Charleston!
When you don’t find me in the studio, I enjoy running, yoga, hiking, SUPing and walks with my Boxer pup. I’ve been married to my college sweetheart for 26 years and we have two boys, both now in college.
I fell in love with Pilates (and Pilates of Charleston for that matter!) during my time at College of Charleston. As a lover of movement and exercise, I found that Pilates challenged me to simultaneously connect my mind and body which in return has tremendously helped manage my journey with anxiety. Following college I moved back home to New York City where I began my Pilates Certification journey through Balanced Body’s program with Balanced Body Master Instructor, Ann Toran, at her studio, Pilates Reforming New York. After completing the necessary coursework for the program, I decided to move back to Charleston full-time and am so excited to be on the opposite side of the reformer at my favorite studio – Pilates of Charleston! When I’m not in the studio, I love spending time with my English Springer Spaniel, Pepper, going for walks along the Battery, and checking out the amazing restaurants / bars downtown. I love to incorporate contemporary exercises and creative sequences into my classes to keep everyone on their toes.
bio coming soon