Katie, Pilates and Fitness Instructor and Owner of Pilates of Charleston engages us with a little Abdominal and arm work on the Pilates Reformer at Pilates of Charleston. Katie, performed this exercise using a 50% / blue tension spring on the Merrithew STOTT Pilates Reformer. But always adjust springs according to your strength level.
Pilates of Charleston Instructors, are always in search of new and intriguing exercises to keep you on your Pilates toes! If you have a Pilates reformer at home or at the gym – Try it and let us know how it went!
Begin the exercise like this:
1. Stabilize your body, by separating your knees about shoulder distance apart.
2. Engage your deep Transverse Abdominal Muscle. (come to class and we will show you how)
3. Start to draw a circle with your upper body. (recognize that the Reformer carriage is about to move, as your hand in the strap will begin to pull the spring.)
4. Don’t forget to reverse the circle!
5. Watch Katie in the video: notice how she moves effortlessly through the movement. Make sure your drawing the “circle” with your the crown of your head rather then with your arms!
Be sure to follow @pilatesofcharleston on Facebook; Instagram and Twitter to catch more videos, updates and more from Pilates of Charleston, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina!